Sunday, November 13, 2005

Learning is Where you Find It

While we're not homeschooling in earnest yet, we try to teach our kids, especially Julia, our 4 1/2 year old, whenever the opportunity comes up. Julia asks tough questions. What happens when we die, where do babies come from, all that kind of stuff. I do my best to describe it all in terms she'll understand. When she gets a little older, I'll pull out diagrams and such.

It's actually quite easy to homeschool so far. Of course we don't have to teach her anything specific at this point. I'm encouraging her to read her Bob Books, but she's only occasionally interested. She gets frustrated too easily (like her mom!) when things don't come easy for her. Other than that, though, she seeks out learning games, does math all the time, gets science lessons whenever we're doing something science-y. She soaks it all up like a sponge. I look forward to when Jack, our 18 month old, is old enough that I don't have to worry about him killing himself when I'm not watching him. Then I can truly focus on teaching Julia for more than two minutes at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home